Monday 31 January 2011

i'm allowed to like Ke$ha.


how could you not love this?!

It's hard to accept. It took me a long time before I was willing to admit it, but yes. I love Kesha. There's no denying it anymore! She's hilariously awful, her songs are lyrical genius, ('looking sick and sexyfied' is a prime example...) and bless her soul she looks like she's been camping, ALL THE TIME. But there's something about her oh so wonderful tunes that make me happy. She's easy to listen to, and I can pretend no longer that I don't enjoy when she starts sounding like a dying robot.

It's not just Kesha either. Ever since getting a DAB radio I'm finding chart music harder and harder to resist! Tinie Tempah is my one true love, everything that comes out of his mouth is perfect in my eyes. And I want all of his jackets... I used to hate the top 40, for a while mainstream music was absolutely shocking, and all I ever listened to was my little bands, discovered through 'related artists' on Spotify. (moment to love Spotify <3) I still do. A good British band over American rappers anyday! But I've given up the fight against the tide of *shudders* pop stars. I love The Saturdays, I secretly love The Wanted. Alternative music will always be my number one, but I'm done hiding.

*Disclaimer: I will never love JLS. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment